Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD)
When you have achieved a minimum of 5 ‘Adventure Dives, including Deep & Navigation dives’, in your own time, you are eligible to be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver. You can complete these dives either separately or at different times, in different locations or all together over 2 full days accompanied by a PADI Instructor.
When booking the full AOWD Course with us, all 5 dives are taken over a 2-day period. This is a great choice if you’re looking to increase your capabilities and gain more experience in different underwater activities.
What will you learn?
To be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, you need to make 5 adventure dives. There are two required dives from PADI – Deep and Underwater Navigation. You can choose 3 of the remaining Adventure dives with your instructor from the following:
- Search and Recovery Boat
- Drift Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Photography Fish Identification
- Night Enriched Air Nitrox
- Wreck Multilevel and Computer
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
The dives will be from the boat or shore “depending on, which resort you visit”. Adventure Dives gives you a taste of the various specialty courses.
- PADI Open Water Diver (or equivalent)
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Medical statement
The following restrictions apply:
- Certified Junior Advanced Open Water Divers at the age of 10-11 years are only allowed to dive with a PADI professional or a certified parent/legal guardian. The maximum depths for these divers are 12 meters.
- Certified Junior Advanced Open Water Divers at the age of 12-14 years must dive with a certified adult.