The PADI Drift Diver Specialty Course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time.
What will you learn?
Along with drift diving techniques and procedures, you’ll:
- Receive an introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines and reels.
- Get an overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects.
- Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives.
- Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current.
How can you start learning now?
Get a PADI Drift Diver Manual and the video to start learning immediately. Along with your basic scuba equipment, you’ll learn to use various surface marker buoys and floats with lines and reels. Ask your PADI Instructor or local dive centre staff about other equipment you may need to get the most of your drift dives.
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver (or equivalent)
- Minimum age: 12 years